- Information We Collect
1.1 Personal Information: We may collect certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, and any other information you voluntarily provide to us through contact forms or when subscribing to our newsletter.
The following Data is collected for specific purposes and through the following services:
- Google Analytics: Personal Data includes tracking information and usage data.
- Amazon Affiliation: Personal Data includes tracking information and usage data.
Contacting the User
- Contact Form: Personal Data includes email address, first name, last name, and phone number.
Unless otherwise specified, all Data requested by our Application is mandatory. Failure to provide such Data may render it impossible for our Application to deliver its services. However, if our Application explicitly states that certain Data is not mandatory, you have the freedom to choose not to disclose that Data without any negative consequences on the availability or functionality of the Service. If you are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory, we encourage you to contact us.
You are responsible for any personal data belonging to third parties that is acquired, disclosed, or shared via our application. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained consent from the respective third party to furnish their data to us.
1.2 Log Data: When you visit our website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. This may include your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, and other statistics. To ensure smooth operation and maintenance, we, as the owners of this Application, along with any third-party services, gather files that document user interactions with this Application (System logs). We may also utilize additional Personal Data, such as the IP Address, for this specific purpose.
1.4 Place: We, as the owners, process the data at our operating offices and other relevant locations where the involved parties participate in the data processing. For users in different locations, data transfers may occur, involving the transfer of their data to countries outside their own. To gather more information about the specific processing location for such transferred data, users can refer to the section that provides details about the processing of personal data. Users also have the right to be informed about the legal basis of data transfers to countries outside the European Union or to international organizations governed by public international law or established by two or more countries, such as the UN. Additionally, users can learn about the security measures we implement to protect their data. In the event of such a transfer, users can find additional details by referring to the relevant sections of this document or by contacting us using the provided information in the contact section.
1.5 Retention time: We will process and store Personal Data for the duration necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. As such: Personal Data collected for the purpose of performing a contract between us and the User will be retained until the contract has been fully executed. Personal Data collected based on our legitimate interests will be kept for as long as necessary to fulfill those interests. Users can find specific information about the legitimate interests pursued by us in the relevant sections of this document or by contacting us. In cases where the User has provided consent for longer data processing, we may retain Personal Data for an extended period, provided that consent is not withdrawn. Additionally, we may be obligated to retain Personal Data for a longer period if required to fulfill a legal obligation or comply with an authority’s order. Upon the expiration of the retention period, Personal Data will be deleted. Consequently, after the retention period ends, the rights of access, erasure, rectification, and data portability cannot be enforced.
- Use of Information
We gather User data with the purpose of enabling us to deliver our Service, fulfill our legal obligations, address enforcement requests, safeguard our rights and interests (or those of our Users or third parties), identify any malicious or fraudulent activity. Additionally, we utilize this data for contacting the User, conducting analytics, and engaging in commercial affiliations.
2.1 We use the collected information to provide, maintain, and improve our website, as well as to communicate with you and respond to your inquiries. We, as the owner, collect Personal Data for various purposes and rely on the following services:
Contacting the User: By filling in our contact form with their Data, Users authorize us to use the provided information, such as email address, first name, last name, and phone number, to respond to inquiries, provide information, or offer quotes, as indicated in the form’s header.
2.2 We may use your email address to send you newsletters, promotional materials, or other information related to our website. You can opt out of receiving these communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each email.
2.3 Personal Data may be utilized for legal purposes by us, the owners, during court proceedings or in the preparatory stages preceding potential legal action resulting from the misuse of this Application or its associated Services. We want to emphasize that users acknowledge the possibility of us being obligated to disclose personal data upon request by public authorities.
2.5 We, the owners of this Application, do not provide support for ‘Do Not Track’ requests. To determine if any of the third-party services we utilize comply with ‘Do Not Track’ requests, we recommend reviewing their individual privacy policies.
- Sharing of Information
3.2 We may share your information with trusted third-party service providers who assist us in operating our website and conducting our business, such as hosting providers, analytics tools, or email marketing services. These third parties are obligated to keep your information confidential and secure.
3.3 We may disclose your information to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes, or to protect our rights, property, or safety, as well as the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Data Security
4.1 We implement reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information. However, please note that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
To ensure the security and integrity of the Data, we take proactive measures to prevent any unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or destruction. Our team employs state-of-the-art computer systems and IT tools, strictly following our organizational procedures and methods that are directly aligned with the intended purposes. In certain instances, apart from being the Owner, we may grant access to the Data to authorized personnel involved in the operation of this Application (such as administration, sales, marketing, legal, and system administration), as well as external parties (including third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, and communications agencies) who act as Data Processors, if necessary. If you require a current list of these parties, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We, as the data controller, may process Personal Data pertaining to Users in the following circumstances:
- When Users have provided their explicit consent for one or more specific purposes. Please note that under certain legislations, we may be permitted to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”) without relying on consent or any other legal basis. However, this exception does not apply when the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law.
- When the provision of Data is necessary for fulfilling an agreement with the User and/or for fulfilling any pre-contractual obligations.
- When processing is required to comply with a legal obligation imposed on us as the data controller.
- When processing is directly associated with a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
- When processing is necessary for pursuing legitimate interests either by us or by a third party.
In any case, we are committed to providing assistance in clarifying the specific legal basis that applies to the processing of Personal Data. We will specifically address whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement or a necessity for entering into a contract.
- Links to Third-Party Websites
5.1 Our website may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third-party websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those websites before providing any personal information.
5.2 Saturnbooksellers.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to Amazon.com or .ca, .co.uk, etc.
- Children’s Privacy
6.1 Our website is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us, and we will delete such information from our systems.
- The rights of Users
We, as the owner, recognize that users have certain rights regarding the processing of their Data. As the owner, we are committed to upholding these rights and ensuring that users can exercise them effectively.
Here are the rights that users have:
- The right to withdraw consent: Users can withdraw their consent for the processing of their Personal Data at any time. If they previously provided consent, they have the right to revoke it.
- The right to object to processing: Users can object to the processing of their Data if it is based on a legal basis other than consent. We provide additional information about this right in a dedicated section below.
- The right to access their Data: Users have the right to know if their Data is being processed by us. They can request disclosure about specific aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data being processed.
- The right to verify and rectify: Users can verify the accuracy of their Data and request updates or corrections if necessary.
- The right to restrict processing: Under certain circumstances, users can request restrictions on the processing of their Data. In such cases, we will only store the Data and not process it for any other purpose.
- The right to erasure: Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to have their Personal Data deleted or removed from our systems.
- The right to data portability: If the processing of their Data is based on consent, a contract, or pre-contractual obligations, and is done using automated means, users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. They also have the right to request the transfer of their Data to another controller, if technically feasible.
- The right to lodge a complaint: Users can file a complaint with their competent data protection authority if they believe their rights have been violated.
We want to ensure that users can exercise these rights easily. To do so, they can contact us using the provided contact details in this document. We are committed to addressing these requests promptly, typically within one month, and without any cost to the users.